You may be wondering what services we have in Windsor-Essex County if you or someone in your family needs more help. We do have many organizations in our community that have support services for children, youth, adults and elderly who have disabilities.

when you don't know where to go call 211

211 is an online database of Ontario’s community and social services. You can use this database to search for services that help people with disabilities. This may include:

  • Resources and services for children with physical, developmental or learning disabilities.
  • Resources and services for youth with physical, developmental or learning disabilities.
  • Employment, education and training services focusing on the needs of adults with developmental and physical disabilities.
  • Organizations that support children and adults with a disability and who raise awareness by teaching people about the challenges faced by people with disabilities.
  • Programs for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
  • Programs for individuals with physical disabilities and their families.
  • Non-medical services that help older adults and individuals with disabilities to continue living on their own in the community.
  • Transportation services for those with short-term or long-term disabilities. Rides for medical appointments, day programs, weekly shopping and other important resources.

You can use their disabilities database to search for what services are available in our local communities, or browse this search for South-Western Ontario.