Under Canadian law, children who are under 12 years old cannot be left home alone.

There are many options for Childcare, which may be licensed or unlicensed.

  • Licensed childcare must meet provincial standards and licensed locations are inspected once a year.
  • Unlicensed child care arrangements are made between the caregiver and the parents.

The Ontario Ministry of Education has some questions you should ask (en français) yourself and steps you should follow as you try to decide what childcare option is best for your situation. There are many childcare centres across our region for you to choose from.

Learn more about the City of Windsor’s Childrens Services.